News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Issues texting Verizon users
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 6, 2023 at 11:19am   •   10 replies  •  1 likes
Dave Sargeant

We are getting errors trying to text to Verizon users, saying "messsage undelivered" even though we have completed the TCR registration. Anyone else having similar problems?

on Mar 16, 2023 at 5:49am   •  0 likes

Yes it seems like it has finally been resolved

on Mar 13, 2023 at 11:23am   •  0 likes

Same issue. The TCR make no sense. I don't have any campaign...I use ring central to text employees(collegues) in the US instead of my personal phone. TCR makes zero sense. Why would I need an "opt out" for a personal text to my collegue in the US just because I am using my ring central app versus my Rogers personal account?

Someone from Ring Central needs to get educated on this quickly. My suggestion call Rogers or Bell. I have no issues texting using Rogers or Bell

on Mar 13, 2023 at 12:07pm   •  0 likes

@David McKee TCR calls it campaigns, but "campaign" basically means "use case".
Regardless of whether it's a marketing text campaign OR a person-to-person SMS exchange...it is business SMS and must be registered with TCR.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:34pm   •  0 likes

Ok so I think we need guidance on the campaign. More than welcome to share my screen on a call for guidance...I tried to list items below?

1. Step 1 - Conversation I assume?

2. Step 2 - Campaign Name (Is it ok just to use the business name? The is no "campaign"

2. Step 2- Description (is this ok) "There is no marketing use for this service. Our employees travel to the US and text other employees in the US. This is regular - non marketing business only use. Employee to employee communications"

3. How are you obtaining consent (is this ok) "This service will be used for employee to employee communication. The company is an international business with employees in Canada and the US. Conversational messages will be based on the other party messaging first"

4. Sample Message (are these ok?)

a This is a personal message

b. This is an employee to employee message

c. This is a non-business message

What would I do here??

Select all

Attribute Description

Select item

Subscriber opt-in Indicates whether the campaign is collecting and processing consumer opt-ins.

Opt-in keywords

START,SUBSCRIBE

Opt-in message

Thank you for opting into SMS messages from XXXXXXXX. To opt out at any time reply STOP.

Select item

Subscriber opt-out Indicates whether the campaign is collecting and processing consumer opt-outs.

Opt-out keywords

STOP

Opt-out message

Thank you for opting-out of SMS messages from XXXXXXXX . To opt back in at any time reply START.

Select item

Subscriber help Indicates whether the campaign implements message reply providing customers on how they can contact the message sender after they reply with the "HELP" keyword.

Help keywords

HELP

Help message

Thank you for contacting XXXXXXXX , we will be in touch with you soon to help.

Select item

Embedded link Indicates whether the campaign is using an embedded link of any kind. Note that public URL shorteners such as Bitly and TinyURL aren't accepted. Learn more about link best practice

Select item

Number pooling Select this if you intend on using 50+ numbers as this will require a different provisioning process on T-Mobile.

Select item

Direct lending or loan arrangement Indicates whether the campaign includes content related to direct lending or other loan arrangements.

Select item

Embedded phone number Indicates whether the campaign is using an embedded phone number (except the required help information contact phone number).

Select item

Age-gated content Indicates whether the campaign includes any age-gated content as defined by carrier and CTIA guidelines.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:37pm   •  0 likes

@David McKee I am going to recommend that you call our TCR team.
Call 855-925-8622 and someone will be able to walk you through the process.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:50pm   •  0 likes

Called them several times and no one can guide or offer any suggestions on how to complete the campaign for sms for employee to employee only...they have no idea what should go in sample messages or what to put under how I get consent

on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:53pm   •  0 likes

I mean I guess a sample message would be "how are the kids" or "how is the weather" but this seems silly??

on Mar 13, 2023 at 1:59pm   •  0 likes

We don't discuss business via text it is personal stuff only? If we have business we use email

on Mar 13, 2023 at 2:01pm   •  0 likes

Okay, I'm looking into this so please give me a bit of time to review and identify if someone can help walk you through this.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 2:57pm   •  0 likes

Hey, @David McKee As an aside, do you have any consent-related verbiage that you use when people are hired on?

on Mar 13, 2023 at 3:18pm   •  0 likes

So there are two scenarios.

1. Friends/Co-workers - All my US friends are co-workers (they don't work for me they work with me). They don't report to me but we have a friendship and all SMS are personal or we chat about the day/week etc. I have no US friends that are non-coworkers. One is now not getting my texts (I texted him today to see how is daughter was doing as she had a cold on Friday) it was rejected.

2. Employees. - I have a 3 people that work for me based in the US. I asked for their cell phones in the event of emergency only. We almost never sms but we do in emergency only (i.e. if their kids are sick and they need a day off) they have provided their numbers for emergency use only. I have a small team so it rarely changes.

For all of this I use the ring central app on my phone (as I have for years) this is the number they all have. I do use the app for business calls but NOT for texting/sms

My phone is with Rogers but I do not give out my Rogers number except to family. I prefer not to give my personal number out.

Maybe I am a unique situation...but I can't find any documentation on how I should proceed. I submitted a campaign for now (my brand was approved) since I already have to wait a month to get some approval to text the friend I know which is getting rejected.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 6:48am   •  -1 likes

We continue to have the same texting issues on Ring Central with Verizon users. I dont think this is related to registering for TCR , we've done that successfully.

Many of our users continue to have other little issues, like the dashboard not working, so we keep having to reboot contantly to see whos online. Today one of my managers couldnt make outbound calls or send messages.

It seems we continually have random issues across all our users, something that has been going on for the past couple of months. we are seriously considering switching services, cant run a business with an unreliable communication platform. And customer support offers nothing but the same message" Please continue to work with tech support". When will this madness end?????

on Mar 10, 2023 at 9:50am   •  1 likes

RingCentral, you need to figure this out, and stop with the word salad non-explanations for the cause of the problem. Please clearly explain what is being done to fix this issue. This disruption is seriously affecting our ability to communicate with our customers.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 6:57am   •  1 likes

Having exactly the same issue since 3/6/2023. RingCentral support and our account rep have been utterly useless, just keep regurgitating the same "TCR registration" nonsense.

We've had our RingCentral service since 2009, didn't have any issues exchanging SMS with these customers up until now.

Why is this issue happening now with Verizon, and what's RingCentral's ETA for getting it fixed?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 7:50am   •  0 likes

My apologies for the confusion. We are working with the mobile carrier to get the issue resolved and will post an update on status.ringcentral.com as quickly as possible.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 8:08am   •  1 likes

We are having the same issue as well, no idea where this came from or how long until it is resolved, but this is going on 3 days now. It's impossible to run a business with this kind of issue

on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:24am   •  0 likes

Becky - My IT dept has tried reaching out both by phone, following up on the open ticket and email but NOBODY repsonds. Like you, we have a business to run, ours happens to be recruiting and not being able to text candidates is VERY concerning. Whats equally concerning is the lack of response from Ring Central.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:45am   •  0 likes

Hi Dave, our team is working on resolving this issue. Please refer to https://status.ringcentral.com/ for the latest updates/ progress.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 3:28pm   •  1 likes

I've been on the phone with RingCentral for several hours today (2 CSRs put me on hold and never came back!), I'm registered with a campaign in Pending status & was told I won't be able to text for 20-30 days until my campaign is approved (even though the deadline is 3/31?.... what the??! FYI....I've had issues texting both Verizon & AT&T customers. If this issue is tied to the SMS systemwide issue, they are telling us something different when we call the help help center (blaming CRT status). Very confusing, frustrating and hurting my business.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 7:49am   •  0 likes

My apologies - there may be some confusion as each situation is different. We are working with the mobile carrier impacted to resolve issues and will provide an update via status.ringcentral.com as soon as possible.

on Mar 6, 2023 at 12:54pm   •  0 likes

DITTO - isolated to only Verizon today - I can receive from them but not send. I opend a supprt ticket - let's see.

on Mar 6, 2023 at 2:27pm   •  0 likes

@Michi Reyes I see your open case - someone should be in touch to address this issue.
In the meantime, I want to kindly reiterate that if you've not submitted your TCR registration, do so in an effort to avoid losing SMS by the March 31st deadline. If my team can be of assistance, please reach out!
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 6, 2023 at 11:25am   •  0 likes

@Dave Sargeant I see that you have some open tickets for reprovisioning.
Please continue to work with Tech Support, but feel free to shoot the Community Team an email if you need additional assistance or updates.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

1 Answer
answered on Mar 15, 2023 at 8:50pm  

Looks like this issue has now been resolved.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us