question

Antigone Killingstad avatar image
Antigone Killingstad asked Antigone Killingstad commented

SMS Campaigns

I created a campaign for client prospects and job applicants (texts are just to confirm they received our emails) = BASIC. I think I need to create a second one for communicating with my employees (I have a virtual office so that is our primary communication tool) = COMPLEX. Is there another option?

sms and text messaging
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Antigone Killingstad I think the process would be the same. Can you help me understand why one use case would be different from the others?
I want to make sure I'm understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
Antigone Killingstad avatar image Antigone Killingstad commented ·

According to the video I received from RingCentral, it says most companies only need one campaign but didn't explain when a company might need multiple ones. I wanted clarification that I needed two because the type of messaging is different. For examples, prospects receive an email that says "it's Tailored Pet Services checking in to ensure you received our email". Employees would receive numerous types of texts regarding payroll deadlines, contacting clients, updates to schedule, etc. Does that help clarify my question?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Antigone Killingstad commented ·

So what the carriers are really looking for is use case in terms of is it conversational, informational (alerts, notifications), promotional, etc. If all the messages are conversational, then all could be registered under conversational.

If all are informational, then all could be listed under a dedicated campaign type that reflects that status.

In the event where you will have both conversational messages as well as informational updates, you can selected "Automated" for the type of campaign, and then select a "Mixed use case." This will allow you to register multiple use cases under one campaign.

Where I would recommend having multiple campaigns is when doing promotional or marketing messages to customers (these should be on their own campaign as they are often flagged as spam by recipients), or high volume notifications (eg sending the same message to 1,000+ people at the same time, or sending the same message repeatedly with the same content - Your driver is about to arrive).

0 Likes 0 ·
Antigone Killingstad avatar image Antigone Killingstad Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

I appreciate the clarification. I think all fall under conversational so I think I'm ok with the one campaign I created.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app