question

Merrilee Guarini avatar image
Merrilee Guarini asked Mike Stowe answered

High v. Low Volume SMS - please clarify contradictory information

In the RC portal, it states:
  • Conversational messages
      • High volume
        : Frequent text messages to customers (i.e., daily or weekly)
      • Low volume: A few text messages to customers (i.e., monthly)

However, in a tutorial I watched (I think the How to Self Register Vimeo), it defines Low Volume as less than 15,000 SMS a month and up to 6 SMS per minute. They also call the other option "Standard," not High Volume. I thought we'd qualified for Low Volume, but now I'm not sure. Thank you.
sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered

Sorry for the confusion - low volume would be less than 15,000 messages monthly, a max of 6 messages per minute per campaign to AT&T.

Standard volume (may be referred to as high volume in the portal) is more than 15,000 messages a month or more than 6 messages per minute per campaign to AT&T. Please note there is no penalty if you choose standard volume and send less messages (so if you may be growing or sending more, this route is recommended).

As a reminder, no automated or API driven messages may be sent using a Conversational campaign type.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys