question

sally-bergman4148 avatar image
sally-bergman4148 asked brette-freedle3650 answered

Why no notice re new TCR regs until this weekend?

I never received an email from RC re the new regs. My first notice was this weekend when I opened the desktop app and saw a banner. There aren't 20 business days left in the month to resolve issues, and there are potentially many.

sms and text messaging
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Sally, we've been sending emails for the past few weeks.
I would recommend making sure that if you're the company Admin, that you are reflected as Admin with your account manager.
Those emails may be going to someone else in the company and either is ignoring them or, maybe, no longer works for you.
I haven't looked into your account directly, but that may be the case.

0 Likes 0 ·
sally-bergman4148 avatar image sally-bergman4148 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I am the sole admin/user on my account. I ran a search before I posted the above message. I've received only service notifications, nothing about the TCR. I'm now very concerned because when I applied and received my EIN, I was at a different address where mail forwarding has expired. Because of the TCR rules I had to use that address as the change of address to IRS can take months to complete. This could be a mess.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ sally-bergman4148 commented ·

@sally-bergman If there are extenuating circumstances that I can help with, please feel free to reach out to me via the Community.Support@RingCentral.com email.
I or someone from my team will be glad to assist.

0 Likes 0 ·
brette-freedle3650 avatar image brette-freedle3650 commented ·

Huh, that's interesting because I also don't see anything resembling an alert to what is a CRITICAL issue in any of the emails I've previously received from RC and I am the only one who receives them. This is a monumental mess that is causing untold headaches, in this day and age almost all of my clients prefer to communicate via text and mine are STILL NOT SENDING to most if not all. Perhaps your "notices" are buried in the never-ending ones telling me I'm over my limit (another recent fun RC experience that came with no advance warning), or in some other communication. Even if you did send something within "the past few weeks" that hardly seems like sufficient time to address a critical application process without which we lose SMS. Seems like you dropped the ball here and are blaming the customer.

0 Likes 0 ·
sally-bergman4148 avatar image sally-bergman4148 brette-freedle3650 commented ·

Note my reply above. I agree that a few weeks is hardly sufficient notice and we didn't even receive that. I also occasionally receive the overlimit on SMS and have never figured that one out. I use it only occasionally. Just checked and in last 30 days I had total of 82 messages in and outgoing. Hardly a high volume!

I am now also having issues, presumably Verizon users, with texts not going through

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ brette-freedle3650 commented ·

@brette-freedle I'm not blaming anyone. I am only relaying what I understand as our communications to customers regarding the changes to SMS and making recommendations when it seems appropriate.

If there are specific questions you have that I can answer, please share them here.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

brette-freedle3650 avatar image
brette-freedle3650 answered

Are you (RingCentral) going to fix the current SMS issue in the immediate future and fix the issue with potentially losing business SMS if the application submitted today isn't processed by the 3/31 deadline? If the answer to either of those is "no", "I don't know", or some variation on "we're working on it" it doesn't seem like RC can be of much assistance at this point and I am left wondering if the (12, 13, 14 years (?) (I lose track because it's been so long)) of being a customer was ultimately a mistake because the harm that this has already caused, and absolutely will cause if I lose SMS for an extended period, is substantial to put it mildly.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app