News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Unable to disable user
Tags: admin portal
Mar 14, 2023 at 5:52am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Jordan Kalber

Hello, I am having an issue where I am unable to Disable a user. We just had someone leave the company recently and I need to re-purpose their number and assigned to a new hire coming onboard. Typically, what I do is Disable the user then Delete the user and put the number back into the Number Inventory. When I try to Disable the use in question, I receive an error message that says "Some users cannot be Disabled. You need to only select users that are in Enabled state".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've submitted a web case but support is non-existent.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:07am   •  0 likes

Hi Jordan, is there a delete option? If yes, you can click it, and the number will automatically move to unassigned numbers.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:08am   •  0 likes

Hello, of course there is a Delete option. However, you can't delete a number unless it's in a Disabled state.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:30am   •  0 likes

Can you please send me the details of that user so I can check? Send it to community.support@ringcentral.com. Thank you!

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:33am   •  0 likes

Hey Mary, unfortunately I couldn't wait any longer so what I did was I just adjusted the current user details for our new hire. This is a task because I then have to log into the account to delete the old voicemails, text messages etc. from the previous employee.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:37am   •  0 likes

Sorry that you have to do all that work! You can still send me the details so I can take a look.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:49am   •  1 likes

Alright I just sent you an email with full details.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us