question

Eric Ragland avatar image
Eric Ragland asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

TCR Campaign if we only receive texts

We never send texts, but occasionally a client will send us one or a website will send a login passcode via text to our primary number. We need to continue being able to receive texts, but have no desire or need to ever send texts. I have registered the company, but do we need a campaign? As we do not send texts, it seems we would quickly fall into the "fines" for not sending enough, and all the verbiage I have seen about having SMS getting disabled only references sending texts, but we cannot afford getting locked of receiving texts... I cannot find a definitive answer. Please help!

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

@Eric Ragland Existing numbers likely will still be able to receive SMS but there is a risk inbound sms could also be disabled.

For new numbers (after Dec 1) no SMS cannot be enabled at all because we can’t only turn on inbound capabilities.

So existing numbers will likely still be able to receive but will not be able to send. New numbers will not be able to do either.
Hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please feel free to share them here.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Eric Ragland avatar image Eric Ragland commented ·

Thank you. So you would recommend a "wait and see" approach for now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Eric Ragland commented ·

Honestly, @Eric Ragland I can't make a recommendation.
If you want to wait it out and see the impact, I would just be prepared to activate your SMS if you find that you're not getting the texts you originally were getting.

I know that's not hugely helpful, but I want to be careful to recommend a certain course of action that might cause disruption of your workflows.

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app