News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
10DLC Campaign for casual use of SMS
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 21, 2023 at 1:45pm   •   1 replies  •  1 likes
greg-hayslett

I'm finally taking care of our 10DLC registration, and I've gotten to the part in the process where I have to explain how we're "obtaining consent" from our customers. But, here's the thing... We are NOT using SMS for anything other than communication [duh, I guess]. We aren't actually doing any marketing or informative campaigns, we're just using it to say things like "it looks like you're not on the meeting yet, did you need to reschedule" or "I'm almost to the construction site, where should I meet you?"

We do not have a natural moment when we'd say to a new client "do you consent to receive SMS messages from us during the course of our project." Also, it would be pretty inappropriate to send a text like; "I'm sorry to hear that your wife is sick and you need to delay the project, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Please reply STOP if you would no longer like to receive SMS".

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on?! Do I REALLY have to create a campaign? If so, how are y'all "obtaining consent?"

on Mar 21, 2023 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

Greg,You do have to create a campaign if you intend to continue using SMS.A campaign, a misnomer really, is YOUR specific use case - or how you are using SMS - Conversational, Informational, or Promotional.

For consent, it sounds like you're doing both conversational and informational.
I'm enclosing a slide here that might help you to make sense of the difference.

tcr-webinar-3-21.jpg

Unfortunately, for anything that isn't conversational, you will need to provide an opt-out for those you are texting.

In your registration, as silly as it may sound, you need to simply share what your request for consent will be.

Happy to answer further questions and support further.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:10am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager your description was very helpful, thank you. To clarify further per your comment above:

" for anything that isn't conversational, you will need to provide an opt-out for those you are texting."

If our use case is solely conversational, our clients WILL NOT receive the "opt-in/opt-out/HELP" automated messaging in every conversation we engage in, correct?

Setting up our campaign for conversational use only does not allow us to deselect the Subscriber opt-in/opt-out attributes in step 4. We do not want every conversation we have with our high-profile clients to be followed by a cold, automated message asking them to STOP to op-out.tcr-subscriber.jpg

How do I know if/when these Subscriber attributes will apply? The description in the setup screen does not provide sufficient detail stating when these opt-in/opt-out automated messages will apply.

Thank you for your quick help. Once we understand this better, we can finish setting up our campaign.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:36pm   •  0 likes

Please note that even if your use case does not require these, we are required to provide these as an example of how you would implement if required to do so/ if you chose to utilize them.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 12:48pm   •  1 likes

@Mac Morehead Here is a video explicitly around consent:
https://vimeo.com/810384218/3214f97c0d
If this doesn't address your question, circle back and I'm glad to get more granular.

There is no automation currently - if you are interested in automation, I would suggest looking at BeeTexting.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us