question

rainie-jueschke15652 avatar image
rainie-jueschke15652 asked Gurpreet Singh answered

Nonprofit individual text messaging possible under new rules?

I have been trying to get Ring Central to answer this question for TWO weeks. We don't use Ring Central for any mass texts, just individual 1:1 sender initiated communication with implied consent. First they tell me yes, just complete the campaign form, then my campaign is rejected because - wait for it - it is for individual 1:1 communication.

I circle back to Ring Central to ask the simple questions: can or can't nonprofits continue to use text messaging for 1:1 communication after March 31? If so, is there something we're supposed to do? It has been over a week and Ring Central refuses to respond to my questions.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions? Thank you in advance, hive mind.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Gurpreet Singh avatar image
Gurpreet Singh answered

Apologies for late reply. Non profits with conversational campaigns were not supported by TCR when the registration was launched in February 2023. That was the reasons, non profit brands with conversational campaigns were getting stuck.

However, since late April, this functionality is supported, and non profits can create a low volume or standard conversational campaign.

PS: If you created a conversational campaign with a non profit brand before and it got stuck in approvals, you will be refunded for that campaign, and you will have to create a new campaign again to go through the registration process.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, RingCentral Inc.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app