question

Franklin Jackson avatar image
Franklin Jackson asked Josh Musicant answered

How to display name of phone being called?

Here's the setup. Our company hosts many websites for clients. Each website has it's own phone number. We have about 15 phone numbers.

Question: Why can't Ring have a setting to display a name of the number being called when a call comes through?

For Example: if a customer calls for the hotdog storefront, when a call comes through, it will say its from the HOTDOG STOREFRONT. If a different customer calls, and it's for the ice cream storefront, the popup would say ICE CREAM STOREFRONT. This would just take place of the phone number that's displayed.

Again, this would display the name we set for OUR phone numbers. So that WE know which storefront is being called. Does this make sense? Could this be implemented?

I've seen questions about this from 2014. It seems silly that nothing has been implemented yet. Ring would probably make more money if they had this functionality.

Thanks,

call handlingcaller id
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

Not sure if this would help in your situation but we did struggle with a similar issue. We use Ring Groups not Call Queues for one our BDC departments. The department takes calls for six franchises and prefer to see the caller ID of the person calling; however, also want to know which franchise the caller is trying to reach so they can greet them accordingly. Within each Ring Group I added a three digit prefix to be displayed each time a call comes in (111 for Apples, 222 for Oranges, etc.). Its not as easily identifiable as a name but it is an option and after a few days the staff no longer needed to refer to their cheat sheet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered Josh Musicant commented

Short answer - IVR and Call Groups. (seems to be a trend)

In your Phone Numbers, add a Name to each - not just Company Name

In the IVR you're able to set up Custom rules for incoming numbers, times, etc. - and then point those to the Call group extension.

In the Call Groups - you can vary the incoming CID to show the Queue name, and phone number/name/etc.

Give those pages a read - let me know if you need images/breadcrumbs.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Franklin Jackson avatar image Franklin Jackson commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply, but this is way more complex than it has to be.

Hopefully someone from Ring can chime in (no pun intended) to make this easier.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Franklin Jackson commented ·

Once it's set up - its not.

Good luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
Josh Musicant avatar image Josh Musicant commented ·

I would like some breadcrumbs because the incoming CID is setup to show the Queue name and caller ID but it does not show the other site it is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
1686845371505.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1686845371505.png (12.4 KiB)
Ty Jenkins avatar image
Ty Jenkins answered

Try this:

RingCentral Call Queue Display Settings: https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/12347-Call-Queue-Configurable-Information-Display.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US

1 |3000

Josh Musicant avatar image
Josh Musicant answered

Unfortunately I get the following message when I try to view the link. Any chance you could copy paste the answer to a response, or take a screenshot? Thank you!

1686919207359.png

1686919207359.png (18.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Josh Musicant avatar image
Josh Musicant answered

So I think I found the info another way, where it tells me since I use an IVR menu I need to add a direct number to the IVR and then give that direct number a name to identify it by displaying the "Queue Name." The only issue with that is I do not have any direct numbers available as they are all being used for extensions and the main call in #'s. Does this mean I have to purchase additional #'s to identify the different main #'s we are already paying for in the IVR we are using? Thank you!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app