question

Jack VanLandingham avatar image
Jack VanLandingham asked mary-community-moderator commented

How do you turn on the new 'Shared Voicemail Inbox' feature in the iPhone app?

The new Shared Voicemail Inbox feature is included in the recent RingCentral iPhone app update (23.1.30).

It's indicated in the "What's New" update notes that if a coworker "gives you access" to their voicemail, their voicemail messages will show up in the Shared Voicemail Inbox.

However I see nothing in the settings for the desktop or smartphone app whereby I can give access to my voicemail (or Shared Voicemail Inbox) to a coworker.

Please advise...

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jack VanLandingham avatar image
Jack VanLandingham answered mary-community-moderator commented

I just called RC tech support. They fixed something on their end.

Now my coworker's voicemails do show properly in my smartphone app.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Jack! Yes, this feature is not automatically enabled, so you need to contact Tech Support first.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Why would we need to contact Tech support for something that you are pushing out on every screen to my users?!? you know how many calls we've had so far about this - and where to activate/set up/etc.... I need to start charging RC for support calls they cause!!!

Bad form there Mary - pass it on up.

2 Likes 2 ·
Brandon Blackwell avatar image Brandon Blackwell Joe Cache commented ·

Agreed. Something pushed as a new feature should absolutely not be locked by default.

2 Likes 2 ·
Show more comments
Brandon Blackwell avatar image Brandon Blackwell mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Do you know if this feature allows users to view call queue voicemails as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app