question

nibu-eapen10876 avatar image
nibu-eapen10876 asked Transcend Dev answered

In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [ReadPersonalContacts] permission for requested resource.

I'm getting this error while trying to retrieve contacts of each extension's

Exception:

In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [ReadPersonalContacts] permission for requested resource.  SDK HTTP Error at https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/244711004/address-book/contact  Response text: {    "errorCode" : "CMN-408",    "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [ReadPersonalContacts] permission for requested resource.",    "errors" : [ {      "errorCode" : "CMN-408",      "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [ReadPersonalContacts] permission for requested resource.",      "permissionName" : "ReadPersonalContacts"    } ],    "permissionName" : "ReadPersonalContacts"  }  Previous: Response has unsuccessful status
-------------------------------------------------

I don't see any permission called "ReadPersonalContacts".  I have added permissions "Contacts" and "Read Contacts". I don't see any   permission called "ReadPersonalContacts"

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Nibu,

The error message is misleading. The reason you got that error, actually was that you logged in with one extension and try to read personal contacts of another extension (user). That is not allowed even the extension you login has the admin role. 

So try this instead:

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/address-book/contact  

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Transcend Dev avatar image
Transcend Dev answered
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys