question

Joe Lam avatar image
Joe Lam asked Joe Lam rolled back

Key Meaning in Notification Add-in WEBHOOK_URL JWT

Hi all,

We are testing out the Notification Add-in type. Within RingCentral Developers, we can install to team to get a preview of what the { { WEBHOOK_URL }} looks like.
The last URI path is a JWT, and it decodes to be

{
  "ot": "c",
  "oi": "<numericString>,
  "id": "<numericString>
}

May I please ask what each JSON key-value pair represents? Thank you

developer sandbox
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry but I don't understand your question. Can you refer to the source of information you get the JSON object from? And what is the JWT related to this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Lam avatar image Joe Lam Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Under Apps > {AppName} > Credentials > Tools > Install to team, I get the option to Install.

Once that's clicked, I see

notification-addin-preview.png

The alphanumeric string, after /v2/, and starting with

eyJhbGciOiJIU...

is a valid JWT.

Upon decoding it, a JSON payload as stated in the first post is returned.

I'd like know what each attribute represents.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered Joe Lam rolled back

Hi @Joe Lam I don't think that you need to decode the JWT string. The JWT is different for every user/chat team/installation. Every user with permission can add same add-in installation into a team multiple times.
You can use full string to identify if current is new installation or editing old installation. When user setup old installation, the RingCentral app will send same JWT string to your app

1681177179344.png

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Lam avatar image Joe Lam commented ·

Thank you.

This helped us understand the scope of {<!-- -->{ WEBHOOK_URL }}

> JWT is different for every user/chat team/installation. Every user with permission can add same add-in installation into a team multiple times

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys