question

wade-smith avatar image
wade-smith asked Phong Vu commented

Error Code - MSG-242 - "The requested feature is not available"

I'm getting the following error when trying to send an SMS using the API
{"errorCode":"FeatureNotAvailable","message":"The requested feature is not available","errors":[{"errorCode":"MSG-242","message":"The requested feature is not available"}]}

How can I solve it?

rest apierrorssending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

This is on your sandbox account, right? If it is the sandbox, what is the phone number?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

wade-smith avatar image wade-smith commented ·

No, it's on the production one, and I want to enable that feature for all the numbers of the company (account)

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ wade-smith commented ·

Sorry I have to delete those numbers you posted. This is a public forum and you should not post sensitive info.

For you production, check this on the page top banner. Make sure your company has TCR and Campaign Id for SMS.

screen-shot-2023-04-11-at-43214-pm.png

If you have those setup and still cannot send SMS, submit a dev support ticket to get help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys