question

Abubakar Soomro avatar image
Abubakar Soomro asked Phong Vu commented

Softphone with sandbox not ringing on calls

Hi,

I'm new to ringcentral, to testout the softphone with ringcentral sandbox credentials, I tried calling my ringcentral phone number +16502420059 using another phone number, but the softphone doesn't ring at all and the call goes to missed calls with voice note.

ringoutphone not ringing
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Abubakar Soomro commented

Did you try the RC app for sandbox? Could you make an outbound call from your number?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Abubakar Soomro avatar image Abubakar Soomro commented ·

yes I tried using RC Phone desktop app for windows, I logged in using the sandbox credentials. But I never receive a call, all calls just directly go into missed call section.
As for outbound call It shows call status success and

"result" : "Call connected" ,

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Abubakar Soomro commented ·

Having a look at your sandbox call log, it seems you try to call from an international number +31, which is not supported in sandbox environment.

Your sandbox account is in the U.S and you can only test between U.S numbers. You can login your sandbox account admin portal and add another user, add a direct number for that user and do test call between the users' phone numbers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys