question

ISC Buyer avatar image
ISC Buyer asked ISC Buyer commented

Desktop app intermittently saying microphone is blocked

Hello. My company provides support for another company who utilizes the desktop Ring app. I have one user in particular who has a very annoying issue the last several weeks. Every few days, she will get a message in the app which states that access to her microphone is blocked. Here's what I've tried to fix it:
Windows settings permit the mic to use Ring.
I ran BIOS and Windows updates.
I had her try both internal and external mics.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Ring.
I ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow.
I changed the default mic. It just seems to be different versions of the same mic though.
Checked device manager to make sure mic drivers were up to date. I disabled and re-enabled it to no avail.
I contacted Ring support who suggested a list of approved headphones. However, other folks in the company use headphones not on the list so this isn't it. The Ring support ticket is 18000696. I haven't heard from them in quite some time.
Can someone at Ring help here? I'm running out of patience. Thank you.

ringcentral app
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tony Turner avatar image Tony Turner commented ·

i have a client with the same thing, they purchased 3 x new Dell PC's running windows 11 and they all experience microphone being unavailable. I too launched a support case and checked all of the above and even tested with multiple headsets.

Dell became involved and replaced the PC's, again we made sure all drivers were up to

date and checked all settings but it is still happening

0 Likes 0 ·
ISC Buyer avatar image ISC Buyer commented ·

You're saying even after you changed the computer, it still happened?!? Wow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tony Turner avatar image Tony Turner commented ·

Theories include Dell USB drivers going to sleep or a windows 11 issues although i have multiple users on Windows 11????

0 Likes 0 ·
ISC Buyer avatar image ISC Buyer commented ·

Mine is actually a Lenovo device and it's Windows 10, so...

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app