question

Oscar Villa avatar image
Oscar Villa asked Phong Vu commented

MSG-242 Error when trying to send SMS on Production

I am getting a "MSG-242 The requested feature is not available" error when trying to send sms in my production app. I checked and saw that SMS was enabled, but when I go to https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms I get a message saying

"message" : "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support." ,

Is anyone able to help?

sending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Has your company registered for a TCR campaign yet. Has you company requested and got approved campaign id(s) yet? If not, check the process on the top orange banner and follow the instructions to process the registration steps.

If your company has done both the above and still got blocked sending SMS, please submit a customer support ticket.

9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Oscar Villa avatar image Oscar Villa commented ·
We have requested our campaigns already and have them approved as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Oscar Villa commented ·

Both TCR and campaign id approved?

And can you send/receive SMS via the RC app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Oscar Villa avatar image Oscar Villa Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Yes we put in 3 campaigns and have 2 approved. I have the campaign ids as well. Also, I can create subscriptions successfully and can send/receive sms from the sanbox app, but when I try doing it on the production app, I get a MSG-242 "The requested feature is not available" error message.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys