question

Aspen Marketing avatar image
Aspen Marketing asked Phong Vu commented

Call Logs API - How long are URIs for a particular page of a result set available after response

Hi there,
I'm currently working on archiving call log metadata and hoping to cutdown on deduplication. I plan to loop through the pages of result sets using the nextPage object URI within the navigation object.

Let's say there's some error that occurs, and I'm able to preserve the nextPage URI in my error logs. How long will that nextPage URI be valid for, so that I can resume fetching the rest of the result set?

rest apicall logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

The nextPage and previousPage urls will not expire. But the number of records could be changed depending on the situation if anything changed to the call log during that period of pausing time.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Aspen Marketing avatar image Aspen Marketing commented ·

Makes sense, thank you!

So for example, if I only use the DateFrom parameter I'd imagine the result set will change because new records could be appended or some call logs could change from In-progress to a finished state.

I guess I'll use fixed intervals (DateFrom and DateTo) for much older data to solve this problem, and dedupe for newer data.

1 Like 1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Aspen Marketing commented ·

Correct!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys