question

Yuriy Polyakov avatar image
Yuriy Polyakov asked Phong Vu answered

How to block the ability to make new calls through the API while the current call is active?

Hi,

I'm writing a microservice for my web application that will use the RC API to automatically make calls to phone numbers that appear in the list in real time.

The calls will be made through the RC Windows app (not through the browser extension).

How can I make it so that a new request to the API is not made until the active call in the app completes? And the line in the app can be busy not only with outgoing calls from my app, but also with outgoing calls outside of my app, and incoming calls.

Is there any way to get the line status of a specific RC account or a specific RC windows app to block the ability to make new calls while the current line is busy?

call handlingcall forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You can read a user active calls to check if a user is on a call or not. Or even better, you can also read the user presence status and check the user telephony status.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys