question

brette-freedle3650 avatar image
brette-freedle3650 asked david-hepper13499 commented

Ring Central PHONE App always freezes on M1 MacBook Pro after sleep requiring quit and restart

Literally every single time my MacBook goes to sleep the ring central Phone app freezes (abnormal termination per the bajillion reports I've bothered to click yes to send). The Ring Central app (as opposed to the Ring Central Phone App) (boy that never gets confusing) doesn't seem to have the same issues, however I hate the Ring Central app, it's cumbersome and filled with features that none of my clients will ever agree to start using, whereas the phone app is clean and simple and basically a phone fax text app. Phone App is 23.1.1.45971, M1 Mac is running Ventura 13.3, everything is up to date. I'm curious if anyone else is having issues, wonder if anyone has a working solution (aside from the generic and does not fix the issue uninstall reinstall), and generally just hope this gets seen by RC tech support.

softphone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @brette-freedle, please submit a ticket to report the issue you're experiencing with RingCentral Phone.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

0 Likes 0 ·
david-hepper13499 avatar image david-hepper13499 commented ·

Mine does the same on Windows 10. If the window displays at all it is frozen and reports at the top that internet connection is lost. I have to crash out with Task Manager and restart the app. This didn't used to happen.

Version is Desktop: 23.3.12.7824 Windows (x64)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Gregory Yaschuk avatar image
Gregory Yaschuk answered

Hi @brette-freedle , we will try to reproduce the issue.

Please reproduce it again from your side and type "Ring Central PHONE App always freezes on M1 MacBook Pro after sleep" in the description field of the crash report dialog before sending.

Thanks

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app