question

Matthew Rafacz avatar image
Matthew Rafacz asked Joe Cache commented

Ring group for 2 users and 2 physical phones

We have 2 users and 2 physical phones. I setup a ring group, which seemed to be working properly, until we discovered the second user cannot have a call ring through to his mobile app (his app accepts calls made to his extension). I went to the settings page, and the "ring group" is for "user #1 desktop and mobile", and then for "both of our physical Yealink phones (listed together as 1 box)". I tried to add user #2 desktop and mobile, but then I got this error:

"When selecting simultaneous distribution, there can only be up to 2 phones enabled. When selecting sequential distribution, there can only be up to 2 phones inside a ring group. Reduce the number of active phones or number of phones inside ring groups in Call Handling & Forwarding in order to change this setting."

Is there a way that both user's apps and both physical phones ring simultaneously?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered Joe Cache commented

Matthew,

In the Call Handling area - you have the ability to set as below:1683651777368.png

This rings my desktop app, my physical phone, and my mobile (with slight delay for connecting to the underlying carrier) No ring group needed.

Or, are you trying to make one extension ring to two+ separate users? The best for that then would be a Call Queue.

What's the end result, if I missed the mark?

1683651777368.png (11.9 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matthew Rafacz avatar image Matthew Rafacz commented ·

It looks like you only have 2 active. I'm trying to have all active (except we can silence incoming calls on our smart-phone-app when needed, instead of doing something through a PC admin portal). This is for our main company number.

I had a call queue at first, but then there was no way to access the V/M box through the physical phone, which my receptionist needs to do without having supervisor user access.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Matthew Rafacz commented ·

Sounds like you want the main line being answered by these multiple phones, ringing all at once.

It would be best in a call queue - you can make certain staff members with message only access. In the queue detail - do Edit Managers You can als send the call/vmail to a specific vmail box. (the receptionist)
1683670526015.png

The queue can then be rolled over if no one answers in time.

In the call queue handling, you can also assign the external DID number to the queue. Once the members have been added in, one of the options is to Allow them to

Would you like breadcrumbs or does that spark ideas and a path to the various screens?

So this would make it so that the main DID would ring to which ever Members are logged in, and available - to each of device that they have defined on their own extension. You'd then have to select what happens after a call has been no answered after X amount of time.

0 Likes 0 ·
1683670526015.png (9.1 KiB)
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app