question

Stephanie ONeill avatar image
Stephanie ONeill asked mary-community-moderator commented

Second Transfer attempt goes to dead space

I am the receptionist for our company using a Yealink phone in conjunction with the RC desktop app. We have always used warm transfers. A call comes in on the general line asking for User 1. I hit the transfer key and then User 1's extension. I can hear it ring. If User 1 does not pick up and the voicemail begins, I end the transfer and speak to the caller. I alert the caller to the fact that I will transfer them to voicemail (since they have the option to speak to another rep). Here is the problem: When I begin the second transfer by hitting the transfer hot key, the caller is immediately transferred into what seems to be dead space or they are transferred to User 1's voicemail without the announcement resulting in a long voicemail with just background noise or conversation. Is this a setting issue or user error? Thank you!

transferring callscall transfertransfer extension
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Stephanie ONeill, I'm working on your concern, and will get back to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

@Stephanie ONeill The issue needs to investigate your call examples and your configuration. We suggest that you submit a Support ticket for this. https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Stephanie ONeill avatar image
Stephanie ONeill answered mary-community-moderator commented

I called into Ring Central support. With the Yealink phones, I have to put the caller on hold first before I call another extension. I have had no issues with recall after I added that step. This is different than the old phone system we had.

3 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Stephanie, does it mean you're all good now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stephanie ONeill avatar image Stephanie ONeill mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I am! Thank you!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Stephanie ONeill commented ·

Glad to hear that!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app