question

Doctor Curry avatar image
Doctor Curry asked Welcome commented

Unmute/start video

This may seem like a minor issue but our providers waste hundreds of minutes a month explaining to patients who aren't that tech savvy how to unmute themselves and start their video. Sometimes it can take 5 minutes which is very frustrating. Any solutions for this?

video
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

Hi Doctor Curry,
I am first double checking to confirm I understood the issue.
Start video = start screen sharing?
Unmute = actually unmuting or connecting audio to meeting??

1. Your employees need to know what the patients sees when they join the meeting. Only in this way they can guide the patients most quickly. For example if your employees are using the app, they might be unaware that patients joining through a browser would get a browser pop-up asking them to allow screen sharing. (I've attached a picture, where I've clicked on the drop-down menu).. only after that can they go ahead with the normal process of starting screen sharing.
capture.jpg2. if the issue is unmuting.. I am assuming your employees are the ones creating the meetings and as such they have access to unmute other participants in the meeting. Your employees can click on the button participants and mute/unmute the patients from there.
2. if the issue is connecting audio. again I would encourage you to have your employees see what it is to be on the receiving end. (This means instead of joining a meeting through the app they should join a meeting through the website v.ringcentral.com)

1 Like 1 ·
capture.jpg (26.6 KiB)
Doctor Curry avatar image Doctor Curry commented ·

I'm not talking about turning on screen sharing I'm just talking about turning on their cam and unmuting their mic. I was not aware that our staff could unmute a patient on the other end of the call, let me check in to that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Doctor Curry commented ·

I should correct myself. Your employees can mute other participants at will. They can not unmute them, but they can click on Participants and then on the microphone button "Request to turn on audio". The patients will see a pop up prompting them to allow this. Also in the Participants section there is a camera button "Request to turn on camera"

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app