question

Afrojkhan Pathan avatar image
Afrojkhan Pathan asked Afrojkhan Pathan commented

Integration Issue with RingCentral Video Call Feature in my Application

Hello,

I'm currently working on integrating a application with RingCentral's video call feature. However, I'm encountering an issue when trying to open the video link within my application using an iframe. Unfortunately, the OAuth flow is not an option for me. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or alternative methods to incorporate the video link seamlessly into my application.

Thank you for your assistance.

video
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Afrojkhan Pathan avatar image Afrojkhan Pathan commented ·

Hi @Byrne Reese ,
Any update regarding to ringcentral video call SDK for angular

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered Afrojkhan Pathan commented

@Afrojkhan Pathan First, I would be remiss if I did not mention of promote the RingCentral Video Client SDK, as it is designed to help people embed video meetings directly in their application WITHOUT an iframe. Using this, you can build the exact experience you want, have people login to your own application prior to joining (as opposed to logging in via RingCentral). Check it out:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/video/client-sdk

Another thing to try is to modify the display attribute of your OAuth login URL. See permissible values here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Authorization

Or perhaps OAuth is not really what you should be doing at all? If you are embedding RCV into an iframe, then that is just a web session. As long as the user is logged into v.ringcentral.com, then when you embed the same URL into an iframe, the user's session will have already been established and logging in won't be necessary. So the question becomes, how can I log someone in prior to rendering the iframe?

The Client SDK will be the best tool in this scenario, but it will require you to host the front end of the meeting, and deploy a React app (check out the sample app) if you want to take advantage of the ready-made UI components.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi, @Byrne Reese

Thanks for reply, please can you share sample app for angular.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, @Byrne Reese
We have an Angular application that needs integration. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide the SDK that supports Angular. Looking forward to your response.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys