News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
WebHook Testing limited to 3 events
Tags: webhooks
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:52pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Robert Goth

I have created a webHook event notification to notify me of SMS and monitor phone calls. All works well. The notification is created, when I call or text the sandbox number the webhook is activated and opens the webpage url I want. The only issue is it seems it is limited to three events and then it stops. (ie I can send three sms messages or call and receive notification of the first three events) If I wait awhile I can then send a 3 more text before it again stops. Is this because I am in sandbox. This limitation is a little frustrating as it does not allow me to test a full phone call from calling >>to>> Answer >>to>> Hangup. Will this change when I move to production or is there a way I can test more than three events? Thanks

3 Answers
answered on Jul 24, 2023 at 10:26am  

Could you help me with the correct way to respond with an Ok status in PHP. I still can only get up three responses before it stops working for an hour. I figure it must be that I am not replying in the correct way.

on Jul 24, 2023 at 11:06am   •  0 likes

Read my previous comment. Submit a support ticket or try with different server to see if the problem is in your online server or not.

answered on Jul 17, 2023 at 9:16am  

I am using an online server. I am sending a OK notification after receiving an event but am not sure if I am doing it right. I have responded in both of the following ways

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

I have also tried responding with

{

"status": 200 OK

}

both do not allow me to have more than three responses before the Webhook stops working. Is there a way to see why it stops sending on your end???

on Jul 17, 2023 at 12:20pm   •  0 likes

I don't usually do a deep investigation on problem which is not common or I could reproduce the problem.

If you suspect that this is about your account, you can submit a dev support case and provide instructions how to reproduce it or provide them background info when they ask via the support case.

You can try with different server. E.g. your local machine using ngrok tunnel. If you can reproduce the problem with the ngrok tunnel which I use to test, then it's easier for me to focus on where to investigate. If you cannot reproduce the problem with ngrok, then the problem is in your online server.

answered on Jul 12, 2023 at 10:42am  

There is no such event count limitation on RingCentral webhook notification, even on sandbox environment.

Check you Web server where you run your webhook server code. Are you using ngrok on your local machine, or is it an online server? Remember to send ok after receiving an event too.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us