question

Gabriel Doss avatar image
Gabriel Doss asked Gabriel Doss commented

Call Queues message waiting indicator

Does RingCentral have the capability to show a message waiting indicator on multiple desk phones that are in the same Call Queue? Or even something like Visual Voicemail (since we're on ACO) where a glance at a phone can show that there is a voicemail for a call queue voicemail box.

I am able to show one extension, if I send voicemail to that extensions voicemail box (not ideal), but if four users are part of a call queue, I'd expect all four users to be able to see that there are voicemails for that call queue.

call queuesmwi
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

2 ways to go about it:
1. Reach out to RC Support for them to enable Shared Voicemail feature (for now it can only be enabled by them, since its a new feature)
Article on Shared Voicemail:
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Intro-to-Shared-Voicemail.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

This would allow you to change VM from the queue - by default VMs go to the queue itself, which doesn't notify the members, but with shared VM you would be able to select all the queue members as co-recipients and then they would receive the notification on the deskphone

2. instead of using the deskphones to check VM, you can send a Notification per email with the VM as an attachment

1 Like 1 ·
Gabriel Doss avatar image Gabriel Doss Welcome commented ·

Thank you for this information! While option 2 won't work as not all users are email users (rotating shift workers on a retail floor), option 1 looks promising. I've reached out to support to get this enabled.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app