question

Tina Wehr avatar image
Tina Wehr asked Tina Wehr commented

How to make queue calls ring desk phone ONLY and direct line calls to ring both desk phone and mobile app ALWAYS?

We are new to RingCentral and can't figure out how to solve this. We are using the queue calls aspect so anyone can answer any call coming in to our main line from their desk phone throughout the building. The problem is that it general calls also ring the mobile app when employees are on the road. We only want direct calls to ring the app as well as their desk phone. Our previous company we had to switch from to RingCentral had this capability. RingCentral, which is supposedly far superior to our previous company surely must be able to do this as well. Right? I get yelled at 3x's a day because I can not figure out how to resolve this issue so employees aren't getting general calls on their cellphone. Please help!

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

Hi @Tina Wehr 2 steps - I will separate them in 2 comments here
STEP 1
1 - CQ should ring deskphone only - disable the app for each user as shown in pic below. This can be done by applying a template from Users > Templates > User settings.
1690574092611.png

1690574092611.png (40.6 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered Tina Wehr commented

STEP 2
- direct calls should ring both apps and the deskphone
You need to create a custom rule for each user. First I will show you what the rule looks like, then I will show you the fastest way to create it for all users.

THE RULE YOU NEED - CONDITIONS - CALLED NUMBER - select the direct number only
1690574689050.png
CUSTOM RULE - CALL HANDLING - see below
1690574792224.png

YOU CAN GO AND APPLY THIS RULE 1 BY 1 TO EACH USER... ORRR.... YOU CAN GO TO USERS > TEMPLATES > CALL HANDLING > ADD CALL HANDLING TEMPLATE
you will notice that the call handling template won't let you to select Called number as a condition, so you would have to use a random condition like picture below and apply the template to all users. After you apply it, go in and fix the condition 1 by 1 for all users. Sorry there is no other way to make this faster, since each user has different options for "Called number", there isn't a template for it.

Example random condition:
1690575104730.png

1690574689050.png (28.2 KiB)
1690574792224.png (63.8 KiB)
1690575104730.png (34.6 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Tina Wehr avatar image Tina Wehr commented ·

Oh wow! Just checked back in to see if anyone replied. Thank you so much for these detailed responses to help me resolve our issues. You are a hero!

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app