question

Alex Lin avatar image
Alex Lin asked Alex Lin commented

Not receiving webhook notifications

Hi all,

We have developed a solution that receives webhook notification during calls. Our solution graduated from the Sandbox environment and is in working correctly in the production environment.

However, when I run our solution in our customer's sandbox environment, I am able to see the extension which I am interested in getting the call notifications, but we are not getting any notifications during calls. I suspect something is not configured correctly in the production environment, but what's the right way to troubleshoot this? I am not able to login as an administrator since this is not our account.

Thank you

call logscall recordingnotifications
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Give more details about which event filter(s) do you subscribe for and what is the role of the user who authenticated app. Also what are those events during the call do you think that are missing?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Lin avatar image Alex Lin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong,

The event filter we use is

eventFilters = new[] { "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true" },

We are using JWT authentication, and the user that created the JWT password for us is a "Super Admin". However, that user only have a VideoPro license (not a paid license). Can that be an issue?

When a call starts, we expect to receive "Ring" then "Connected" events. At this time, we are not getting event at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ Alex Lin commented ·

The issue might be related to the fact that you are subscribing to an extension level event. Meaning you will receive events only for presence events relating to the Super Admin user you refer to. I think you need to subscribe to this event instead:

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/presence

See: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Account-Presence-Event

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys