question

Luisa Medina avatar image
Luisa Medina asked Luisa Medina commented

Retrieve forwarded calls

I have an API that retrieves the company's call log. When I download the detailed report manually from the platform there is a column called Forwarded To that contains some calls that can be inbound or outbound. I want to retrieve those calls as well with the call log API that I already have (or identify those calls if they are already being retrieved). I am not sure that there is an additional API just for those calls (if so, the suggestion is welcomed too).

Any help here is appreciated.

rest apicall forwardingcall logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Luisa Medina commented

You referred to the call log data report from the service web portal (not the "platform" as you wrote), and the call log raw data from the API platform.

The call log data report from the service web is processed by the service web app. It parses the raw call data and displays only essential call data. It does not include other metadata such as the session id or the telephony session id etc.

The call log data returned from the /call-log API is raw data, which includes lots more metadata of a call record. However, there is no such a "Forwarded To" metadata in the raw call data. Instead, it is an internal routing and it has the same call record id, the same call session as the main incoming call.

So the "Forwarded To" leg is NOT a new call. It is not the same as "a "warm transfer" or a "blind transfer" call.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Luisa Medina avatar image Luisa Medina commented ·

Thanks for your answer. So, is there a parameter that I can use to retrieve the leg and be able to identify if the call was transfered? I am struggling to identify these calls from the raw data extracted using the call log API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Luisa Medina commented ·

A blind transfer call has the same call session as the original call. So it is basically the same call with 2 or several legs with the action result as "Call connected".

A warm transfer call has separate call session, the original session and the transferred session. So there are 2 different "Voice" call items on the report and one of the leg in that call has the "Action" as "Transfer".

As I wrote earlier, the report from the service web portal does not include call record id so you cannot use it to read the call log.

I don't know how and why you want to use the call log report from the service web and using the call-log API. But if you want to mix, you can use this app to download the call-log report (authenticated user must be a super admin user). The report from that app has similar call log structure to the one from the service web, plus it includes the record id and session id (and user site). You can use the record id to get the call log details using the call-log API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Luisa Medina avatar image Luisa Medina Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong.

I am not trying to use both, I have in place a call report that was built using the call log API but we noticed that the numbers do not match with the call report we obtained using the report from the web service. The discrepancy in the numbers is because of the calls that appear on the web service report as Forwarded To and those calls are not being retrieved using the API. That is why we are trying to find a way to retrieve the calls so we can have an accurate call report.

I am attaching an image of how those calls look after downloading the report using the app you mentioned in the previous comment, I am trying to get those calls as well using the API.screenshot-2023-09-06-at-175404.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys