question

Joel Weston avatar image
Joel Weston asked mary-community-moderator commented

scheduling a meeting through desktop ringcentral app via microsoft outlook

I have been using RingCentral app on my desktop to schedule meetings for years now. Recently, when i click "schedule" after inputing info on the ring central app it takes me to microsoft 365 outlook.live webpage. Before, it would always go directly to my outlook app on my computer and generate an email to add attendees too. Not sure what changed or why. any help would be much appreciated.

meetings
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Thomas avatar image Andrew Thomas commented ·

We are seeing this behavior as well. If the user selects Calendar App or Outlook App Calendar next to the "Schedule Using" dialog it does seem to work without requiring login to Microsoft Live/O365, but it's an additional step where it never used to be necessary.

Is the Outlook plugin the only option to enforce this for those of us who don't currently use Office 365, or is there some setting that admins can toggle for users to set a default calendar?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Andrew Thomas commented ·

@Andrew Thomas, I'll check this with our Product Team.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

You may install the RingCentral Scheduler for Outlook.

RingCentral Scheduler is an Outlook add-in that lets you schedule RingCentral Video meetings within Outlook. This article covers individual installation and how to deploy RingCentral Scheduler to groups of users in your organization.

Check the link below for more information.

I hope this helps!

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Installing-or-deploying-RingCentral-Scheduler-in-Outlook.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app