question

Matt Middleton avatar image
Matt Middleton asked Phil Nelson answered

ATA192 to bogen tpu-35b amp what else do I need?

We bought into ringcentral through spectrum and they assured me this would work. It doesn't and I want to make sure I purchase what I need to fix this disaster. I've seen the bogen tamb2 used to bridge the gap from the ata to the amp. Anyone familiar with this? I also emailed valcom and they said their VRCPA paging adapter would work with ring central without the ATA. Any help is appreciated.

install
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phil Nelson avatar image
Phil Nelson answered Matt Middleton commented

Hey...I've always used an Algo 8301 to access paging. It doesn't take a license and it costs like $300.00. You can get it off amazon. You plug it into the network, press the button to get the IP, (you will need a stereo plug headset) log into the interface, Log into your RC portal and follow the directions. there are specific articles on how to install and it's pretty seemless. the code is set by RC it's like *84 then you hit the access code of 1-9 I think. if you are using the ATA you need to covert the analog to a 600ohm. I always use a Viking RAD 1A but the TAMb works as well. Use Station IN, then Page out to your bogen amp pins. Algo_RingCentral Provisioning Guide(1).pdf

Hope this Helps-

Philipn@mtvoip.com

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matt Middleton avatar image Matt Middleton commented ·

What is the stereo plug headset for?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Nelson avatar image
Phil Nelson answered

after you let the algo boot up, you can push the button on the unit with a paper clip and it will read you back the IP address of the unit. That way I don't have to bug them for the IP off the network. Hope this helps

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app