question

Evan Gartenberg avatar image
Evan Gartenberg asked tak-it1 answered

Inbound Caller ID & Show Which Line Calling ON

I have a few extensions, the main number and my personal line. both ring on my cell phone and the app. RC cannot help me to determine if the call is coming in on the main line or my personal line. I want to know if the caller is calling for me personally. This seems so simple. This is very important as we answer them differently. Anyone understand what I need?

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

Lots of ways to do it.

1. Create a call queue for your main line (and call it Main Line) add yourself to it and set the display settings to be the call queue name + called ID name or number. Redirect your main number to ring this line. Whenever someone calls it, you'll receive a visual identifier that says "MAIN LINE - Caller ID" on your phone. All direct calls will just show the clients caller ID, so you can distinguish main line and direct easily

2. Create another digital line called Main Line, direct your main calls to it, add it as a presence to your seat and turn on line monitoring. Anytime someone calls it, it will flash on the monitored line on your phone and you can press it to answer the call. This would likely be similar to what you had pre Ringcentral

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app