News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is it possible to use WebRTC with existing phone (digital line) setup?
Tags: sip, digital lines
Oct 5, 2023 at 11:18am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Purujit Goyal

We are trying to get live audio stream from extensions. Our initial solution was to follow this tutorial to setup sip devices or webphones, however, we were informed that there's limit on number of webphones and hence this is not scalable. Now we are following this tutorial to setup SIP over TCP and RTP (digital lines) but the problem is we are working with python and there's no viable python library available which works with RTP. Is it possible to setup these digital lines over SIP and WebRTC?

1 Answer
answered on Oct 5, 2023 at 11:56am  

There is no Python solution.

For .NET, please check https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral.softphone.net

For C++, https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/pjsip-and-ringcentral-part-1-get-started-67df16b10956

JavaScript will allow you to create WebRTC phones, but as you said they are not "existing" phones.

on Oct 5, 2023 at 12:00pm   •  0 likes

I see and there's no way to provision the "existing" phones over webRTC, correct?

on Oct 5, 2023 at 1:03pm   •  0 likes

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of that. But I am sure that at the moment there is no sample project for your reference (WebRTC + existing phone).

on Oct 5, 2023 at 1:57pm   •  0 likes

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll check the C++ example, that library seems to have python bindings. Meanwhile, if you can confirm the WebRTC + existing phone, if it's possible and how to configure it, that'd be great. I don't need a full sample project, just a way to configure existing phone with WebRTC will be sufficient.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us