question

Ashley Kubin avatar image
Ashley Kubin asked mary-community-moderator commented

How to report Fraudulent Use of RingCentral by Fradulent Account impersonating hiring individuals

A fradulent hiring manager is utilizing ringcentral to stage interviews via messaging in which the candidate is being asked for their banking information.They are using the name Michaela Mello. The account name is michaela.m@argenxcareer.com

I am able to provide additional information as needed. I would like to know who to speak with to assist in removing this account, and to prevent them from defrauding other people. The company they are imitating is called Argenx from Boston, MA and the HR person Michaela Mello. They have copied the company name and logo exactly.

new account
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, Ashley. I have already escalated this to our Fraud Response Team for further investigation. I am currently awaiting their response and will keep you updated as soon as I hear back from them.

1 Like 1 ·
Ashley Kubin avatar image Ashley Kubin mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi I was just wondering if there was any followup to this concern?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Ashley Kubin commented ·

Ashley, I apologize for the delay in updating you. The Fraud Response Team has taken action and disabled the account. Additionally, they have ensured that the email associated with the account is blocked from creating any new accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app