question

Timothy Paul Lavelle avatar image
Timothy Paul Lavelle asked Phong Vu commented

MSG 242 Error in Sandbox when trying to send SMS

Hello - I'm attempting to convert over from username/password login credentials to JWT. In setting up a new sandbox account with JWT credentials, I've tried to set up a simple SMS sending app. I'm able to login with JWT successfully, but when I try sending the SMS, I get back error Msg 242 ("The requested feature is not available."). As far as I can tell, the JWT credentials are set for sandbox and the new test App is set up with the correct scope (SMS). Please advise any thoughts to address this. Thanks

errorssending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Please read this post and open a dev support ticket.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Timothy Paul Lavelle avatar image
Timothy Paul Lavelle answered Phong Vu commented

Okay, thanks Phong. I read the post and have now tried to add this sandbox account phone number to my existing TCR Campaign, but it won't allow me to add my sandbox number as a 'Linked Number' to the campaign. Any suggestions?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am not familiar with the new process. It's a new and sudden requirement from the carriers.You can open a support ticket the get help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys