question

Andrej Petrushevski avatar image
Andrej Petrushevski asked Phong Vu commented

SMS API does not work in production "Feature not available"

I've been using RingCentral's SMS API in a sandbox environment for quite some time.

After my app was graduated to production by RingCentral I got new credentials and created a new JWT that's connected to my production app. (I login using the JWT on API requests).

1. Was able to create a webhook subscription
2. Not able to send an SMS using the API

I've read all of the threads in this forum but none of it is helpful.

Can someone please help me debug the issue and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

@Phong Vu @ringcentral

rest apierrorssending sms
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is your app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrej Petrushevski avatar image Andrej Petrushevski Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

@Phong Vu XdWEHrbcPffbhBwDAdY4Mb

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry for the delayed response.

Having a look at your account at the SMS at the TCR registration, your SMS campaign id requests are still "Pending".

1703261304766.png

You should contact RingCentral customer support for help if the status is "Pending" for a long time.

1703261304766.png (64.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrej Petrushevski answered

@Phong Vu the campaigns are now active and the number is assigned to the campaign, when I try to send an SMS it will still fail with the same error message.

Can you please re-inspect it and tell me what's wrong now?

1 |3000

Andrej Petrushevski answered Phong Vu commented

@Phong Vu can you please re-check this issue?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you submit a customer support ticket? I cannot help much with this and the person whom I used to work with is on vacation. Someone need to look into the content you send and the content categories you declared in the TCR etc. I believe that it is about the SMS compliance and nothing to do with the technical issues.

Please submit a support ticket and give me the ticket number so I can help with escalation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys