question

altaf-rehman7239 avatar image
altaf-rehman7239 asked Phong Vu commented

Cannot create meetings in developer sandbox account - why am I receiving [Meetings] permission required error?

Hi,

I'm using the sandbox account https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com for testing api.

I tried to create meeting using API, but I'm getting this error

[errorCode] => CMN-408   [message] => [Meetings] permission required    I have granted my app the permission to access and update Meetings. but still no luck.  

Also there is not option for meetings in UI too.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
What is the meetingType that you are trying to create? Could you provide the API request ( including the HTTP body)? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

altaf-rehman7239 answered
Please see below Request and Response

Curl

curl -X GET --header "Accept: application/json" --header "Authorization: Bearer U0pDMTFQMDFQQVMwMHxBQURpeTJNM

Request URL
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting

Response Body
{   "errorCode": "CMN-408",   "message": "[Meetings] permission required",   "errors": [     {       "errorCode": "CMN-408",       "message": "[Meetings] permission required",       "permissionName": "Meetings"     }   ],   "permissionName": "Meetings" }

Response Code 403

Response Headers
{

"date": "Fri, 29 Sep 2017 07:56:45 GMT",
"x-rate-limit-limit": "50",
"routingkey": "SJC11P01PAS02",
"x-rate-limit-remaining": "49",
"content-length": "247",
"rcrequestid": "bd5277fe-a4eb-11e7-a9b5-005056bb594d",
"content-language": "en-US",
"x-rate-limit-group": "light",
"content-type": "application/json;charset=UTF-8",
"x-rate-limit-window": "60" }
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
The HTTP method you are using is a GET. 

Kindly refer to this link to see how to 'Create Meeting' using the API's :
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Meetings_%5BBeta%5D/createMeeti...

1 |3000

altaf-rehman7239 answered
It's just an example of getting meetings list. I'm getting the same error when try to create meeting with POST endpoint
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered mustafa-mehmood11150 commented
Hi Altaf,

You got that error because your sandbox account is not enabled to access meetings feature.
Can you let us know the type of your account. Is it a free developer account or are you a RingCentral customer/partner?

Kind regards,
Phong
12 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Altaf,

I enabled the medium meeting size your your dev account. Please try again and let me know if you still face problems.

+ Phong
1 Like 1 ·
altaf-rehman7239 avatar image altaf-rehman7239 commented ·
Hi Phong,

Thank you for your reply, I'm using free developer account. Can you please tell me how do I enable Meeting feature in free account? 
0 Likes 0 ·
altaf-rehman7239 avatar image altaf-rehman7239 commented ·
Thank you so much, I can see meetings now
0 Likes 0 ·
mustafa-mehmood11150 avatar image mustafa-mehmood11150 commented ·
Hi, i am facing the same issue can you please enable meetings on my developer account as well.

Thanks and best regards
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Mustafa,

Can you provide your account info (main company number or the email address associated with your sandbox account so I can enable the feature for you.

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Mike Fish avatar image
Mike Fish answered Phong Vu commented

I don't even see a Meetings section in my Sandbox developer environment.

1 comment
1 |3000

People talk about this and you don't see it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Vincent Demo avatar image
Vincent Demo answered Phong Vu commented

Hi, can anyone provide guidance for my account ? I am facing the same error on my sandbox account. Thanks

Hi there, i face the same error, can anyone verify my account (i.e. to see if my sandbx can create meetings) ? thanks a lot

1 comment
1 |3000

Please submit your question by creating a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys