question

Alex Shin avatar image
Alex Shin asked Phong Vu answered

How many phone numbers(to) per SMS request?

Hello,
So I was able to confirm that I can send multiple messages by making one request using the Send SMS. https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/SMS/createSMSMessage

How many numbers can I send a message to in each request? I see in the documentation that it says 40 request per minute, but is each message sent considered a "request" or can each "request" send multiple messages?

1705944919262.pngIf I do this...
1705945093074.pngis that 1 request or 3?

Thank you,

Alex S.

sending sms
1705944919262.png (14.3 KiB)
1705945093074.png (30.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

When you add multiple recipient numbers to the "to" array, the message will be sent as a group message. Group message means that all the recipients will receive the same message and see other recipients numbers so if one of the recipients reply to the message, all recipients in that group will receive the reply. RingCentral group message support up to 10 recipients!

And when you call the POST /sms, it is one request and you can call the API max 40 times per minute.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys