question

Alyssa LL avatar image
Alyssa LL asked Alyssa LL commented

Queue calling pickup issue

5 members in a Queue group. Set to ring simultaneously. One of the extensions is on a call. Someone calls in and the other 4 phones ring. The extension on a call would like to place that call on hold and pick up the other call ringing on the other 4 phones. Can this happen or would that person have to place the call on hold and physically walk to another phone to answer the second call ringing the group?

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered Alyssa LL commented

I think putting somebody on Hold still counts as being "busy". The call queue interprets this as the user being unavailable, so it doesn't automatically offer the call that is waiting.

I can think of 2 ways to go about it, although I haven't tested them
1) Use call queue pickup. Groups > Call queues > Click on the call queue > Pickup settings & members

2) Park the active call. This will change your status to available, and the next call in queue will ring automatically (assuming you've set the wrap-up time to 0 seconds). For this you must configure park locations under Groups > Park Locations.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alyssa LL avatar image Alyssa LL commented ·

Call park worked. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app