question

dusty avatar image
dusty asked dusty commented

How to set up Inbound / Call Queues to ring Poly phone only, not the app.

Our system is set up with RingCentral on Poly.

Routing:

Inbound goes to Call Queue. Rings 10 members.

Would like these calls to only ring the Poly phones, not the desktop app or mobile app.

Direct calls or Extension to Extension should ring Poly and apps.

Turning off Call Queues in the Admin Portal or apps disables Poly phones and apps, so that is not a solution.

Found one case that was similar:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/116554/how-to-make-queue-calls-ring-desk-phone-only-and-d.html

This would work, except there is no choice for Extension to Extension calls. They go only to Poly, not Poly and app.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered dusty commented

I think that case is very similar to yours. Have you tried the same setup with this small tweak:
STEP 1 - the same as described in that case. - it gets the call queue calls to ring only the deskphone.

STEP 2
create a custom rule for each user, just like in that case, but disable the poly phone in the Call Handling section. Pictured below is the only thing you need to tweak - click on the slider to disable the poly and leave only "My desktop and mobile apps" active.
capture.png

------------------
------------------
The alternative solution if the above doesn't work would be a similar in idea, but you would want to have an additional number assigned to the call queue. For example for a given user extension you would have 2 numbers to reach it on. Number1 - the direct number and Number2 - the call queue number.
You can then create a custom rule with conditions -> if called on number1 ring the app.
if called on number2(i.e on the call queue) -> ring the poly.
The reason I mention this secondly is because it involves getting an additional number which costs something like 1 Euro?

capture.png (101.9 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dusty avatar image dusty commented ·

how would you direct a call queue to ring a line instead of an extension?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app