question

George Schally avatar image
George Schally asked George Schally answered

Receiving OAU-250 Unsupported Grant Type Getting OAUTH Token from Code

We are trying to convert a code to a token using the OAUTH flow and we are getting OAU-250 Unsupported Grant Type.

We verified the format of the request using this documentation page: https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/authentication/auth-code-flow

We are passing "authorization_code" for grant_type in the query parameters.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

George Schally answered

Also, the documentation states grant_type should be a parameter, we tried it as a Query parameter, we also tried passing JSON in the POST body. Which should it be? I'm running Fiddler and I'm very sure of what I'm passing. Thanks.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Show me the exact post call you made and how you pass the body in a form data (not a json object)

Check this API reference.

1 |3000

George Schally answered

Thanks, the documentation page I had called them post parameters, your reference called them form data. When I added them as form data it worked. I think this has tripped me up before with the API documentation.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys