question

ridgedale-front-desk5604 avatar image
ridgedale-front-desk5604 asked priya-ranjan4517 commented

OAU-251 - Unauthorized for this grant type

I'm trying to update my app to use JWT. I'm using the C# API. It seems like a one line change, but I'm getting the error

"errorCode" : "OAU-251",

"message" : "Unauthorized for this grant type"

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Try again after 5 or 10 mins after you changes the auth type.

If the problem persists, give me the app client id so I can enable both password flow and JWT so that you can continue support the password flow until March 31st while you are testing the JWT flow.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

priya-ranjan4517 avatar image
priya-ranjan4517 answered priya-ranjan4517 commented

Hi,

I am facing exact same error "OAU-251", I have re-activated my sandbox account for this trial before I do change in production. But I am stuck.

what I did:

1) Reactivated the Sandbox - New number was provided as it was expired.

2) Created one JWT and restricted it for only one App by providing client ID

3) Attempted JWT authorization and got "OAU-251" error.

4) I am still able to use Password flow to Auth. But SMS is stopped so cannot test! :(

If Auth type change is required, then please share the page link from where to do that.

1 comment
1 |3000

priya-ranjan4517 avatar image priya-ranjan4517 commented ·

Finally, it worked. Under App/Settings I changed Auth Setting to JWT auth flow and after 10-15 minutes it worked. But the Password auth flow option is gone now!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys