question

Robert Davis avatar image
Robert Davis asked Robert Davis commented

Industry Specific; call control, reporting and recording -discouraged..

Disclaimer: I'm a new partner, decades of "telephony" and development experience. I have been trying since early January to learn if RingCX is a fit a customer, who serves the banking industry and has very specific call requirements. Candidly, the production sales/support team seems vastly disconnected from the dev/api team. If I'm relegated to what's shown, I've a growing feeling RingCentral isn't a fit.. I'm praying this group can change that.

My client's needs can be broken into two categories: Call Control, and Call Reporting.

Call Control:

My client may not call any number belonging to a claim more than 7 times in 7 days. In addition, calls may not be made outside the local time hours of 8a-9p (time shall be evaluated by matching of area code the dialed number.. more below)

My vision of the solution:

Either natively or via api use & development, a dialed number is matched to claim via db lookup IF claim numbers have been dialed less than 7 times in 7 days, the call is allowed and the call attempt is logged ELSE a visual or audio message is presented indicating why the call cannot be made and the attempt/rejection is logged

My supposition:

a local application is developed, using call flow apis; all lookup, logging, etc. will be custom to me

Call Reporting:

Each day my client must build a data file of all calls on claims belonging to a client, provide the recording (some WAV, some MP3). From what I see in demos, no such batch download exists. -please tell me I'm wrong.

My vision of the solution:

A report is provided each day by RC with links to each recording OR better yet, a zip archive, etc. of all calls. If I must go with the links:

a local app that processes the report, downloading and archiving the call. I handle all client reporting, formatting, etc.

*For this to work effectively, I need a method to "tag" both inbound and outbound calls with two pieces of data: a claim number/matter number and a disposition code. I believe this can be used in the first solution, but I stress the need to handle both inbound and outbound.

Summary:

1. Can I build a solution to handle all call functions via use of APIs? -answer, dial, hold, disconnect, transfer, etc. Does anyone have an example, or is there an open source, boiler plate?

2. Is there a method for batch download of all recordings, daily?

Thank you in advance for reading and any assistance.

ringcentral appcall handlinganalytics and reportingcall recordingapp
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Robert Davis commented

Hi Robert,

I am glad that you did not give up your research and posted your questions in this forum.

It may not be supported on the RingCX platform, but it's quite doable with the RingCentral MVP platform. Since you have many questions and I need to know more about other features you would need, it would be better to help you find a right solution if you would reach me via email (phong.vu@ringcentral.com) so we can continue the discussion.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Robert Davis avatar image Robert Davis commented ·

Thank you so much, just reached out

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys