question

Saoirse avatar image
Saoirse asked Eric Olsen edited

Making an Anonymous Hotline

Good Afternoon,

The agency I work for wants to have a hotline people can call in on and leave voicemails but they want it to be anonymous. I have been trying to find a way to set this up with a message-only extension but I have not been able to hide the incoming callers number or information.

Has anyone had any experience with creating an extension like this?

caller idvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

I think it is not possible to hide this info from a Super Admin who has access to the Company Call log.
You could potentially hide it for a user ext. by doing these 2 steps:
1. Use a custom role to remove access to the User call log and Company call log
2. In the admin portal > Users > click on a user > Phone > Incoming call info > select Dialed number instead of Incoming caller ID.

Haven't tested the above btw, but it might just work.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Eric Olsen avatar image
Eric Olsen answered Eric Olsen edited

The only way to really do this is to have the caller block their number when calling in (*67). In your call reports, you will usually see your account phone number where the caller's phone number would normally be.

There is no native way to not share the ANI in the call reports/logs. As u/welcome said above, the most you could do is restrict those who have access to company call records via a custom role.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app