question

Kristen Sermeno avatar image
Kristen Sermeno asked Welcome commented

Phones that can handle 5 numbers

Hi, we just got set up with RingCentral and I'm finding out we have the wrong phones. We have 5 different businesses out of one office. I need a phone that can show the business names and when we have a call on that line, light up with that name (or next to it). We also need to be able to call out with each different business number so that it will show our business name on the other persons phones. Thank you

phonephone numbers
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·
I think it is possible to set any phone up so that when somebody calls business1 you would see the phone number of the caller and the name of business1. and so on for each business.

the issue is with outgoing caller id. I am not aware of any phone being capable to switch between caller IDs. The only way to do that would be to change the outbound caller ID through the admin portal, which necessitates a reboot of the phone each time you want to use a different outbound caller ID.

The only way around the outbound caller ID issue is to use 5 different phones for each business. Or this could be 1 DECT phone with 5 different handsets. (still this would require that you have 5 licenses, in order to set up each handset with a unique outbound number)

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app