question

P70 Backup avatar image
P70 Backup asked P70 Backup commented

Cannot create a new sandbox after deactivation

My sandbox account was idle for several months, so it appears it got deactivated. This is fine, I saw that this is expected based on the documentation. However, when I try to create a new sandbox account, I see that I am unable to and am prompted to contact an administrator. My account is already an admin account, and is what I use to login to the admin portal at service.ringcentral.com. So I would expect to be able to create a new account here. Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

1712703201714.png

developer sandboxapp administration
1712703201714.png (53.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered P70 Backup commented

Was the inactive sandbox account associated with your production account or was it a free-tier sandbox account you signed up?

The best way to get help with this is to submit a dev support ticket.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

P70 Backup avatar image P70 Backup commented ·

I believe that it was not associated with the production account, and was just a free-tier sandbox account. Regardless, going forward I would just like to be able to create a free-tier sandbox account. I just filed a dev support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys