question

Bastien avatar image
Bastien asked Phong Vu answered

How can I retrieve the call history for a list of phone numbers?

I tried to call the CallLog api by passing it as a parameter. I receive incoming and outgoing results by passing a phone number as a parameter. But is there a way to retrieve the history of a list of phone numbers (around 250)? By avoiding making as many api calls as phone numbers...

Thanks in advance.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, the API takes only 1 phone number as a search query per API call. And the records which contain the searched phone numbers are returned per page even if the number of matched records are less than the number of the per page.

The only effective way to create a list of records for multiple phone numbers is to read all call records then parse the records and split them to create different lists based on the "from" or/and the "to" phone numbers.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys