question

jonathan-bellamy11594 avatar image
jonathan-bellamy11594 asked Tyler Liu answered

FaxOut API stopped

We have been using the FaxOut API (at //service.ringcentral.com/faxapi.asp) for several years and it stopped working as of yesterday. What changed and what do I need to do different? I see there is an API but not sure it is what we need. We simply use this api to send a fax. That's all we do. It's for our internal use only.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alan-lapenn11149 avatar image
alan-lapenn11149 answered
Found this on the forum at https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/legacy-api-end-of-life-announcement-ringo...

"We introduced our full-featured REST APIs 3 years ago and it is time to deprecate our old RCP APIs now. The REST APIs have much more capability, coverage and security. The " ringout.asp" and " faxout.asp" API endpoints will be discontinued and cease to function with our 10.2 release, currently targeted for August 1, 2018. Please read below on what you will get with our REST APIs and how to upgrade your apps.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Hi Jonathan, I am from the RC support team and we've received your ticket. Let's talk via the ticket.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys