question

bill-love8841 avatar image
bill-love8841 asked brian-kleinfall8967 commented

RingOut problem - why did the "to" phone become the first leg and "from" phone the second leg?

We developed all features with RingOut API in sandbox for our web application. Yesterday it worked perfectly.Today strange things happened. When made call, somehow the "to" phone became first leg and "from" phone the second leg. The response after RingOut request was as something like

{

"id": "Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "uri": "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ringout/Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "status": {

"callStatus": "Invalid",
        "callerStatus": "Invalid",
        "calleeStatus": "Invalid"
    }
}Can someone let me know what went wrong?
ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tyler-tullock8866 avatar image
tyler-tullock8866 answered
Thx for the heads-up!  I was thinking that might happen.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

todd-schuler9026 avatar image
todd-schuler9026 answered Phong Vu commented
Is there any update on this from a RingCentral rep?  Our integration is working in reverse suddenly and I am hesitant to change the code if it is likely to be changed back.  An ETA on any potential fixes would be helpful in determining next steps for us.
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Todd,

Here is the latest update status of the RinngOut problem.
https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/ringout-problem

King regards,
Phong
0 Likes 0 ·
brian-kleinfall8967 avatar image
brian-kleinfall8967 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
I reversed the to/from as someone mention higher in the forum.  It was working last week great.  RingCentral said they were going to push out a fix this weekend, which I would have thought would break it again after reversing the to/from, but our ringout tool is still working this morning - so not sure what if anything happened this weekend.
1 comment
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
No update happened this weekend. Our team has been working on a fix which we will be implementing for customers with upcoming upgrades first so they won't be affected. Then we will be patching affected customers. We will provide dates to customers when we have them.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the update Brian.  Still working here too.  
1 |3000

clay2542 avatar image
clay2542 answered clay2542 commented
Reversing the to/from has no effect for me.  It's still calling the destination first and prompting  them to "Press 1 to connect", and then ringing my RC phone only after the person I'm trying to call has pressed 1.  Exactly the opposite of what it had been doing.  I can't get it to function properly at all now.  Really frustrating, as this was working perfectly before.
2 comments
1 |3000

Here, reversing the to/from means using the destination phone number as the "from" and your phone number as the "to".

Correct behavior:

• to: 14155550100
  • playPrompt: 1

This would call 16505550100 first.

Modified interim behavior for some affected customers:

• to: 16505550100
  • playPrompt: 1

This would call 16505550100 first.

We are going to revert this behavior, but if you make this change where you list your phone number as the "to", it should call you first, if your account is affected.
1 Like 1 ·
clay2542 avatar image clay2542 commented ·
Thanks!  I thought it seemed odd that simply changing the order of the variables in the query string would make a difference.  This makes much more sense.
0 Likes 0 ·
todd-schuler9026 avatar image
todd-schuler9026 answered
Is there an ETA for a fix on this?  The last update was a link back to this discussion.  Is it smart for me to reverse the parameters at this point?  That seems like an awful idea. If there is a fix coming soon I'd like to avoid that if possible.
1 |3000

Appears the code may be back to the original now.  We are having issues again today with ring out. Getting ready to revert to original code on my end and will report back it that fixes it.
1 |3000

brian-kleinfall8967 answered
Same here -  had to go back to old code as of Wednesday morning.
1 |3000

brian-kleinfall8967 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
Well it shifted back the other way this morning - not sure what is going on
1 comment
1 |3000

The change here was a bug and only affected a limited number of customers so we have been reverting the behavior back for affected customers so all customers see the same behavior. When the behavior reverts back to the original behavior, you should see no more changes after that.

Our support team has been notifying all affected customers. Please get the latest status on your account by contacting our developer support team by creating a ticket using the link at the bottom of the page here:

https://developer.ringcentral.com/support.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Yeah. I couldnt get it working last night when I reverted back to original code. Maybe Ill try the recent working code again today to see it works again.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys