question

konstantinos-gkiokas11964 avatar image
konstantinos-gkiokas11964 asked Phong Vu commented

Allow other ringcentral accounts to authorize my app to fetch call logs

Hello,

I have a requirement to allow users to authorize my app to access their call logs. Is there any way I can do this or I have to ask for their APP ID and APP SECRET in a form?

Thanks

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Konstantinos,

Simply make your app "Public" and choose 3-legged authorization flow for your app so anyone can login with their own credentials.

Please read this getting started doc for details information
https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/getting-started.html#CreateYourApp
Also check out this tutorial for implementation of OAuth in JavaScript
https://github.com/ringcentral-tutorials/oauth-nodejs-demo

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

konstantinos-gkiokas11964 avatar image
konstantinos-gkiokas11964 answered Phong Vu commented
Thanks. That's what I had done. 

Actually the problem was that when I tried with another dev account I got the message that this user could not be found. After creating an app in the new Sandbox account it said something along the lines that a new sandbox account was created and it found my user.

Additionally, it kept saying this user was not verified and I had to manually reset my password for the user to be considered verified.
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Without seeing how to code to access the call log I can't say anything. Did you hardcode the account Id or the extension Id somehow?

When you add a new user to an account, that user (emaill address) will receive a verification email to activate. Did you do that?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys