News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Salesforce - log a call - want to add disposition
Tags: sdk
Sep 8, 2015 at 1:07pm   •   11 replies  •  0 likes
jeff-stevens

On the salesforce log a call window (the window that is installed as part of the RingCentral app that is installed in a Salesforce org) - - I need to add an additional field that is on the ActivityHistory record. (That's the record that the window writes to).

My Question is - is there a way to modify this page? Is there a way to write my own custom page? Are there any experts that have been into that portion of integration?

Thanks

11 Answers
answered on Aug 14, 2018 at 12:58pm  
I still don't see how we can do this: edit what fields show up in the Dialer when we're calling a contact in Salesforce. Is this not possible anymore? The only fields that display are "Subject, Contact Name, Related To, and Description". Is there a way to change what the default subject line is or be able to add more fields to this screen?

answered on Mar 7, 2016 at 5:01am  
Yep - we are waiting for posting the recording to the activity record also.  It's not critical yet, but I think it will come up at some point for us also.  I think that with the API connectivity I've seen we could probably do this from the Salesforce trigger side, but it would be better to have it in the RingCentral Salesforce app.  Like Samanatha - I agree that would be a great addition to your existing package.

answered on Mar 6, 2016 at 7:41am  
I just wanted to reach out one more time and let you know that, that link you provided has saved me so much time and money. I am so thankful for your time and willingness to post on here. I can now trigger workflows right from ringcentral's softphone! Without having to sacrifice my Subject notes! SOO now all we need to do is get that recording to post on the activity record and this would be a Grandprize WINNER! hint hint

answered on Mar 3, 2016 at 11:44am  
I fixed the errors by making edits to my soft phone!!! YAYAYAYAYYAAY! Again you rock. 

answered on Mar 3, 2016 at 9:39am  
Cool, means we are on the same Salesforce PODs :) 

answered on Mar 3, 2016 at 9:38am  
oh right on..I just clicked the link you provided and it open in MY salesforce! YAY!

answered on Mar 3, 2016 at 9:33am  
hmm.. I thought I had updated to the latest version, but it tell me that this page does not exist.

answered on Mar 3, 2016 at 9:28am  
Samantha, You may want to try this

We have added a new feature in the App recently where you can customize the call log area, basically you can pick and choose fields from Task object.  

If you have installed latest version of the App 3.40.  You can go to https://ringcentral.na17.visual.force.com/apex/adminUI (keep the first part of your Salesforce URL and just append /apex/adminUI) 

We are in the process of documenting this in our administrator guide.  Could not help myself sharing since I saw this discussion :) 

answered on Jan 15, 2016 at 11:59am  
Following this topic! Jeff can you share some instances where you wrote triggers? The reason being is that I do not want the subject to have to be the Call disposition. I think that they need to add the call disposition field onto the ring central/salesforce integration, it's already bad enough that I have to use subject instead of task type to record the call, becasue I like to track if it an initial call or follow up call, 2nd follow up call, but that has nothing to do with how the call went, good or bad or if I have to call back or send something.  The app is there, but not good enough I am thinking that Salesfoce has a call center, I am wondering if I can create a call center with more options.  Or like you said..is there a way to create a new VF page, (which- I have NO clue how to do)  

answered on Sep 8, 2015 at 2:31pm  
Yep - that's very helpful.  The SF field is actually called Subject - on the Task.  Those picklist values can be modified and added to.  I can write trigger's from there to populate my custom fields.

Thanks!

Just for discussion purposes though - IF we wanted to modify that page - is that possible?  Would (Can?) we write a new custom VF page to go in that spot?  I'd like to continue this discussion a bit on this subject. 

Thanks

answered on Sep 8, 2015 at 2:19pm  
Hello Jeff, 

You can select a call disposition by clicking on check box icon right by the call Log text field.  By default is say "Inbound call from ..."  . You can overwrite to enter your own text and use a value from the drop down.

These values are populated from Subject field in Task object in Salesforce, If you need to add or change call disposition, you can go to Task object in your Salesforce and edit the Subject field, Subject field a picker then you can edit the values for 

Here is the reference for Task Object 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=task_fields.htm&language=en_US 

Please let us know if that does not help 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us